Fort Worth Guy Dies After Electronic Cigarette Explodes

William Eric Brown passed away because of “penetrating traumatization from exploding vaporizer pen,” based on the medical examiner

Things to understand

  • William Eric Brown passed away after an electronic smoking exploded and cut their carotid artery, in line with the Tarrant County healthcare Examiner.
  • He passed day that is away several the event, within the medical center, whenever physicians attempted to remove a three-inch little bit of steel from their mind.
  • Their grandmother, Alice Brown, said she hoped other people would recognize the problems of vape pens.

A Fort Worth guy died the other day after an electric smoking he was using exploded, cutting an important artery inside the neck, in accordance with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

William Eric Brown, 24, died Jan. 29 at John Peter Smith Hospital as a result of “penetrating injury from exploding vaporizer pen,” the medical examiner stated, noting shrapnel from the blast severed his left carotid artery.

The report didn’t determine the model of electronic tobacco tobacco cigarette or provide other details.

Neighborhood

The news that is latest from around North Texas.

That Which We Realize About Coronavirus Situations in North Texas, Across The State

Dallas Pride Postponed Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Brown’s grandmother Alice Brown stated she had been told by him he was venturing out to buy some vaping items.

“He stated, ‘I’ll be back granny,'” Alice Brown stated.

Brown ended up being sitting inside the vehicle in-front of the vape supply shop from the 4500 block of Golden Triangle when their pen exploded, Alice Brown stated. A member of staff in the shop said Brown never ever joined the store and declined to comment further.

The medical examiner’s website listed the shop since the location where in fact the event took place.

Brown had been hurried to your medical center and their grandmother stated he had been speaking as he arrived. He passed away several times later on after company site health practitioners had trouble eliminating a piece that is three-inch of steel from their head, she said.

“Now he is got an address that is new paradise,” Alice Brown stated.

Their grandmother said Brown had been an electrician that is certified took “good care” of her family members.

Alice Brown said exactly just what happened to her grandson should act as a training of just how dangerous vaping pens are.

Brown is known become just the person that is second perish when you look at the U.S. from an exploding vape pen.

In-may, a Florida man passed away from the “projectile wound to the top” after a cigarette that is electronic, based on the nyc instances.